The 2023 Princeton University Fung Global Fellowship brings together a world-class group of academics to question the colonial legacies of today beyond the colony/metropole divide, to consider how they might be apprehended, and to consider whether or not they might be amenable to being scaled up into solutions for our shared future.
Therefore, we encourage researchers whose studies deepen our knowledge of this phenomenon to apply.
Candidates from any discipline in the humanities and social sciences are encouraged to apply and are free to write on any time period or area in the globe.
Details For The 2023 Princeton University Fung Global Fellowship
Colonial Residues will be the overarching topic of study during the 2024–25 school year’s full ten months. Colonialism is often brought up today as the source of global inequality or, more jarringly, as a reason for joy.
Colonialism had far-reaching effects on both the “new” states and the “old” states that only reluctantly allowed them to become independent, leaving behind indelible and quantifiable traces that continue to shape political regimes and socioeconomic well-being.
Like the microplastics currently permeating the air, water, and soil, the traces of colonialism may still be there even when they are not readily apparent.
Also Read: IKEDC Recruitment 2023/2024 Application
To be considered for the 2023 Princeton University Fung Global Fellowship, you must:
- Candidates who have previously shown great academic success and indicate extraordinary intellectual potential at the beginning of their careers will be considered for fellowships. Fellowships are awarded based on several factors, including the quality of the applicant’s research projects, the relevance of those projects to the program’s theme, the quality of their prior scholarly work, their ability to contribute to the intellectual life and intellectual exchange of the program, and their experience working in a setting other than the United States. The fellowship selection committee seeks applicants whose work reflects various analytical techniques, academic backgrounds, and geographic foci.
- All eligible candidates will be considered equally regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, country of origin, handicap, or veteran status.
Duration and Reward
- Those still early in their academic careers will be offered positions as Visiting Research Scholars. Scholars who earned their doctorate or equivalent on or after September 1, 2014, are welcome to apply.
- Candidates in their early careers must have an academic or professional research job outside the United States at the time of application and return there after completing the fellowship.
The applicant must submit the following items in English by November 15, 2023 (11:59 p.m. ET):
- Apply at: https://www.princeton.edu/academic-positions/position/31841.
- Cover letter (maximum of 1.5 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae (with publications included).
- Research proposal (three pages maximum, single-spaced).
- One writing sample (article or chapter, 50 pages maximum).
- For applicants with a faculty or professional research appointment, an official letter from the applicant’s current employer confirming that should an offer be extended, the applicant would be permitted to accept and spend the academic year at Princeton University. You must upload a notation indicating your status if you are an independent scholar.
- The names and email addresses of three referees, who will be automatically contacted by the online application system and invited to submit their recommendation letter to the system by the application deadline
Reference letters for the 2023 Princeton University Fung Global Fellowship are to be provided by your references no later than November 15, 2023.
Method of Application
Applicants are chosen based on their extensive teaching experience, ability to make significant contributions to the field, the breadth and depth of their research interests, and extraordinary intellectual accomplishments and indications of unique promise. The Society of Fellows encourages candidates from all around the world and particularly encourages applications from people from underrepresented groups. If you meet the requirements, please apply by clicking the button below.