The 2023 Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships are awarded annually to outstanding foreign candidates seeking a Master of Science degree at TU Delft.
One of the oldest and most prominent technical universities in the Netherlands is also one of the best in the world. There are around 30 master’s degree programs available throughout our 8 departments. The almost 25,000 students and 6,000 staff members here are interested in STEM fields. Our goal is to have a positive effect on the world around us.
The Superb Work of Justus and Louise Van Effen The van Effen scholarship fund was established using the money that Justus and Louise van Effen left. Mr. van Effen attended TU Delft in the 1940s and firmly believed that technological advances will help address social problems.
You must meet the following criteria to be considered for the 2023 Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships:
- Have a top-tier overseas student (conditionally) accepted to study at TU Delft for two years on one of the standard MSc degrees (not a Joint Education Programme).
- Attain a grade point average (GPA) of 80% or above on a scale where 100% represents a perfect grade.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized worldwide other than one in the Netherlands.
Have finished and submitted their MSc application by the due date for the scholarship.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
A complete year of tuition at the statutory fee or institutional rate for a Master of Science degree at TU Delft is covered, as well as a stipend to help with living costs, for each recipient of this 2023 Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships.
Candidates must submit the following with their MSc Application to be considered:
1. Complete your MSc application
2. Upload the Scholarship Application Form
3. Upload two reference letters
- You can upload your reference letters (as a single PDF document) with your MSc application, per the specified requirements.
- You may request the letters of recommendation from your referee(s). Complete the information about your referee(s) and send them an invitation by clicking the “send invitation” icon. The referee(s) will automatically receive an email invitation to upload a reference for you.
- You can incorporate both procedures, including one upload and one referee request.
- If your application has already been submitted, your reference letters will not be considered.
- Reference letters submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
4. Upload the English language certificate
If required, non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if needed).
Method of Application
Click the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” link above if you meet the eligibility requirements for the 2023 Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships and submit your MSc Application and supporting materials simultaneously. No further files may be added after submission.