New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship, are you looking for scholarships to study abroad? Do you want to live in New Zealand? New Zealand has become a popular destination for students worldwide because of its stunning scenery, friendly people, and affordable cost of living. But how do you get accepted to study in New Zealand?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then read on. In this post, we shall tell you everything you need to know about applying for New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships to study in New Zealand.
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship Description
New Zealand Commonwealth scholarships are open to students who meet specific criteria. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, travel costs, and living expenses during study at university. Students must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents, enrolled full-time at a tertiary institution, and studying towards a bachelor’s degree. To apply for a scholarship, applicants must complete a short application form online. They should include details of their academic record, financial status, and relevant experience.
Applicants should submit their completed forms via email to the New Zealand Ministry of Education. If successful, they will receive a letter confirming acceptance into the program. They will then be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of NZ$1,500 (US$1,100) to secure their place in the program. Once accepted, students can access funding through the ministry’s Student Finance Office.
Eligibility for New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
Below are some of the criteria to meet before being considered for New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships:
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships are open to students between 18 and 30 studying in New Zealand
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Malaysia, Mauritius, Pakistan, Philippines, South Africa, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, and the USA
- Students currently enrolled in tertiary education institutions in any country may apply. However, applicants must hold an offer of admission to study in New Zealand
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory academic progress. They must also complete a minimum of 12 credit points each semester
- They must also pass an English language test
Requirements for New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
Applicants must submit a personal statement describing their academic achievements, plans, and motivation for applying for the scholarship. They must also provide evidence of English language proficiency.
Applicants must complete the application form online and upload supporting documents such as transcripts, test scores, and letters of recommendation.
Available New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
New Zealand has an excellent reputation for its quality education system. It ranks highly among countries worldwide for literacy, numeracy, and educational achievement. However, it does not rank highly for access to tertiary education. Students from low socio-economic backgrounds often struggle to afford tertiary study. This problem is especially acute in rural areas, where students may live hundreds of kilometers away from universities.
In response, the Government of New Zealand offers scholarships to international students. These scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, and three years’ living expenses. They are awarded based on academic merit and personal circumstances.
So, if you are interested in studying in New Zealand, read on to find out whether you qualify for one of these scholarships.
New Zealand Postgraduate Scholarship
This scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, and living expenses for three consecutive years.
- Students must be enrolled in a degree program at a New Zealand university or College.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Australia, Canada, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, United Kingdom, United States, or any country within the European Union.
- There are no restrictions on nationality.
Get more free scholarship opportunities here.
New Zealand Doctorate Scholarship
This scholarship covers total tuition fees and living expenses for two years.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification from an accredited institution
- They must also be enrolled in a New Zealand university or college doctoral program
- Applicants must demonstrate exceptional ability in research and teaching
- They should also show leadership potential and commitment to community service
New Zealand Masters Scholarship
This scholarship covers half of the total cost of tuition fees and living expenses.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution overseas
- They must then complete a Master’s degree at a New Zealand university
- Applicants must show outstanding academic performance and leadership potential
- They must also demonstrate financial hardship due to a lack of family support
New Zealand Research Fellowship
This scholarship provides funding for research projects undertaken by applicants.
- Applicants must submit a proposal outlining their proposed project.
- They must also provide evidence of previous research experience.
New Zealand International Student Researcher Program
This scholarship supports researchers undertaking studies abroad.
- Applicants must apply directly to the relevant host organization.
- They must be enrolled in a master’s degree program at a New Zealander university or College.
- They must also have demonstrated leadership potential and commitment to public service.
New Zealand Graduate Scholarship
This scholarship covers part of the tuition fees and accommodation costs.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a graduate course at a New Zealand university, College, or institute.
- They must be eligible for citizenship or permanent residency status in another country.
- Applicants must also have exceptional academic achievements.
New Zealand Ph.D. Scholarship
This scholarship covers the remaining portion of the cost of tuition and living expenses for up to four years.
- Applicants are required to enroll in a Ph.D. program at a New Zealand institution.
- A New Zealand university or institute must sponsor them.
- Applicants must meet specific criteria relating to their qualifications, skills, and experience.
New Zealand Postdoctoral Fellowship
This fellowship covers the remaining portion of tuition fees and living costs for up to two years.
- Applicant must enroll in a Ph.D. program at an approved New Zealand university, College, or a recognized foreign institution.
- Applicants must prove they have made significant contributions to their field of study.
How to apply for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships Online
Here are the steps to apply for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship.
Step 1: Apply Online
Click the “Apply Now” button.
Step 2: Fill Out Application Form
Fill out the application form online. Make sure to include your personal information such as name, address, email, phone number, nationality, passport number, visa status, and academic record.
Step 3: Submit Application
After filling out the application form, click the submit button.
Step 4: Wait For Notification
Wait for notification via email or SMS after applying.
Step 5: Pay Fees
Pay the application fee of $30.00. Payment can be made using a credit card or PayPal.
Step 6: Get Approved
Get approved within two weeks after paying the application fee.
Note: Students should note that they cannot change their application once submitted.
Applicationsround opens on 1st March yearly and closes on 30th June yearly.
Scholarship value: recipients will receive $20,000 NZD ($15,500 USD).
For more information, visit www.NZ scholarships.govt.nz
In conclusion, New Zealand offers various scholarships through its universities if you’re interested in studying abroad. And because it’s such a small country, most students will have access to their professors, which means you’ll receive personalized attention from experts in your field.
Best of all, you won’t have to worry about finding housing or figuring out where to live. All you have to do is apply, and you could be off to study in paradise before you know it.
- Follow us on Twitter @myeduscholars
- Like us on Facebook