Are you a Nigerian student interested in studying in Nigeria with the MTN Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023? Do you want to know more about the MTN Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduates’ 2022 undergraduate studies?
If that’s the case, then the article you’re reading is for you. It covers all you need to know about the MTN Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023 for undergraduates, including eligibility state, type, the value of the scholarship, eligibility, prerequisites, how to apply, application date, and how to apply successfully.
While you’re here to learn everything, there is to know about the MTN Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023 to study in Nigeria. It’s also important to remember that the application form for the MTN Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023 is now available.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Overview
A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying scientific and technology-related courses are given the scholarship, including tuition, book allowance, and stipends.
The MTN Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in July 2004 in Lagos, Nigeria’s economic center, to provide a sustained and targeted route for MTN Nigeria to push its Corporate Social Responsibility programs throughout all 36 states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory.
MTN Nigeria contributes up to 1% of PAT (Profit after Tax) to the Foundation, which implements a distinctive type of wide-impact and project-driven corporate social investment programs that have received several awards.
It has also established a dynamic network of local and international partner organizations through which it executes its varied programs.
The MTN Foundation has had a significant effect. It has become a model for exemplary corporate citizenship, as acknowledged by a diverse range of stakeholders, including the government, regulators, tax authorities, and the beneficiaries of its various programs.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Courses of Study:
- Computer Science,
- Engineering Physics,
- Industrial Physics,
- Information Technology,
- Communication Technology,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Computer And Mathematics,
- Physics Electronics, Electrical
- Electronics and electronics technology,
- Electronics Engineering,
- Physics Engineering,
- Agricultural Science,
- Industrial Mathematics,
- Computer and Information Science,
- Computer Engineering,
- Physics/Computational Modeling,
- Pure/Applied Physics,
- Computers and electronics,
- Computer Science
Eligibility For The MTN Foundation Scholarship
- Only students from Nigeria must apply.
- The applicant must be English-language proficient.
- Blind students in their second and third years of study in any subject with a minimum CCPA of 2.5 or equivalent are eligible to apply for the SBSS.
- Applicants must be 300-level students pursuing Science and Technology-related courses and blind students studying in Nigerian public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education).
Requirements of MTN Foundation Scholarship 2022
- Candidates must be full-time 300-level/3rd-year undergraduates at Nigerian public universities, education colleges, or polytechnics.
- Candidates from universities and colleges of education must have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5 or above (2:1). In contrast, applicants from polytechnics must have a GPA of 3.0 (upper credit) and proof of admission to the HND or Direct Entry Program.
- Applicants who are currently receiving another scholarship grant are unable to apply.
How to Apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship
You can apply for the MTN foundation scholarship online by following this steps:
- An application for the scholarship must be completed online (see links here) and includes details such as your matriculation number and department, your SAT/ACT scores, and where you plan to attend college or university.
- Candidates’ names will be published in national newspapers and on the MTN Nigeria website if they are selected (www.mtnonline.com).
Value of the MTN Foundation Scholarship
The MTN Foundation Scholarship is worth Two hundred thousand Nara (N200,000.00) annually until graduation as long as the benefactor maintain the required grades.
Eligible 300-level students studying Science and Technology-related courses and blind students studying in Public Tertiary Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education) across Nigeria are also awarded.
Ten tips that will help you succeed as a scholarship seeker
Make a list of your successes
This section includes a summary of the student’s awards, hobbies, activities, and accomplishments. It can help students write better applications and professors create better recommendation letters.
Meet all deadlines
Half of the scholarships have deadlines in the autumn, and the other half have deadlines in the spring, so start looking for scholarships as soon as possible. There are also numerous scholarships offered to kids in elementary and secondary school, rather than only high school seniors, and other scholarships require the candidate to be enrolled in college.
Thoroughly complete the scholarship matching profile
Many of the questions cause particular scholarships to be included.
Fill out as many scholarship applications as possible
Winning a scholarship is a combination of chance and skill. Apply for as many jobs as you can to increase your chances of winning. (However, do not apply if you are not eligible.) Because smaller scholarships and essay contests are less popular, they are simpler to win.
Save time by reusing essays and personalizing them for each new application. To circumvent writer’s block, answer the essay question aloud and transcribe a tape of your response before applying; review and proofread the essay thoroughly. Make sure that your work is free of grammatical blunders.
Look for books that feature scholarships
They may be found in the library’s jobs and careers department or at the campus Career Center. Check the copyright date while utilizing scholarship-listed books. It will include too much old information if it is more than a year or two senior.
Look for scholarships in your area on bulletin boards
Examine the area around the high school guidance counselor’s office, the college financial aid office, the campus academic departments, and the nearby public library.
Make use of familial ties
Students should also check with their parents’ workplaces, as well as clubs, unions, and fraternal groups.
Go through the newspaper
Look in the newspaper’s coupon section for local and national corporate-sponsored scholarships.
Maintain an expert internet presence
Some scholarship sources now demand candidates to become Facebook friends with them. Make a solid first impression by using a professional email address.
Dress for success
If you are chosen for an in-person or video interview, dress as though you were a proud recipient of the award. Remember that you are addressed by how you dress, so dress smart.
Do well to drop your comment(s)/questions on the MTN foundation scholarship in the comments section below and feel free to contact us.