Gabriel Dumont Institute Scholarship & Grants Application, Awards, are you a college student interested in pursuing an education degree? If yes, here’s some useful information you may find interesting. We are happy to inform you that the Gabriel Dumont Institute scholarship programs is now on. This organization offers students various incentives such as educational grants, stipends, and scholarships.
Being accepted into a scholarship is great because not only does it make school cheaper, but it also makes life easier. But how do you even start applying for these types of scholarships?
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for financial aid or just trying to save money on college costs. It can seem overwhelming if you’ve never applied for a scholarship. Don’t worry, though. There are tons of free resources online that will help you find scholarships that fit your needs.
Gabriel Dumont Institute Scholarship Description
The Gabriel Dumont Institute (GDI) offers scholarships to students who excel academically and demonstrate leadership skills. The GDI was founded in 1998 by Dr. Gabriel Dumont, a former student at McGill University. He wanted to help young Canadians succeed in school and life after graduation. Since its inception, the GDI has awarded over $1 million scholarships to deserving students.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must meet certain academic requirements and show leadership qualities. They must also submit a personal essay describing their goals and dreams. Scholarships are available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Students must apply through the GDI website, and we would like to tell you about these opportunities available for those who qualify.
Types of Awards Available
The Gabriel Dumont Institute of Canada offers three main categories of awards. They include the following:
Scholarships For Students With Disability
This program gives support to qualified individuals with physical disabilities. It aims to promote equality among people with disabilities. There are two types of scholarships awarded to disabled applicants. One is the general assistance grant, whereas another one is the specific assistance grant. Both of them are based on set criteria. Some of the eligibility requirements include:
- Be enrolled in a Canadian secondary school or a recognized university;
- Be between 18 years old and 23 years old;
- Demonstrate intellectual ability;
- Submit proof of disability
Scholarship Program for Disabled Children
The Gabriel Dumont Institute also provides financial aid to children with special needs. Scholarships are awarded to them based on the level of their academic achievement. This group of beneficiaries usually falls under the category of physically challenged children.
However, you don’t need to be born with a disability to apply for this grant. To receive the benefits, there are two essential eligibility requirements. These include:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Be between 12 years old and 17 years old.
Scholarships for Individuals With Specific Disabilities
Applicants applying for this award must have a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Furthermore, they should demonstrate good grades. Most importantly, this program requires a valid certificate from a medical professional indicating the applicant’s condition. The Gabriel Dumont Institute does provide a list of approved doctors and health organizations.
These funds can be used towards tuition fees, books, accommodation expenses, transportation costs, etc. All you need to submit is a completed application form.
Eligibility for Gabriel Dumont Institute Scholarships
This program was established to support young researchers pursuing careers in scientific fields related to health care, the environment, and technology.
- Candidates must be accepted into an undergraduate degree program at Concordia University or McGill University located in Quebec and maintain the highest academic standing.
- Applicants must submit their applications online. After that, a committee composed of representatives from the GDI Foundation selects scholars based on merit
- Applicants should have obtained a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4-point scale. Applicants must be between 18 and 25 years old.
- Must be willing to undergo a medical examination and provide proof of health insurance coverage.
- Applicants must have completed one full academic session in Nigeria.
- Applicants must not be married.
- Must show proof of financial support from parents or guardians.
Requirements for Gabriel Dumont institute scholarships
Gabriel Dumont Scholarship Program Requirements:
- Must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting institution
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants ust be a graduate of a public school in New York State
- Must be majoring in one of the following fields: accounting, economics, finance, law, management, marketing, psychology, social sciences, statistics, or any field related to business administration
- Must have demonstrated outstanding academic performance
- Applicants must have participated in extracurricular activities such as student council, sports, or volunteerism
- Must show evidence of leadership ability
- Must have maintained a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better
- Applicants must have been nominated by their faculty advisor
- Must have submitted a resume and application form
- Must have provided three letters of recommendation
- Applicants ust have submitted proof of financial need
- Must have submitted copies of transcripts
- Must have written a 500-word essay about themselves and/her goals for the future.
- Applicants must be a current student attending a university or college in New York state
- Must be a senior in high school
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident
Gabriel Dumont Institute Scholarship Application process
To complete an online form, please visit www,gdi.smapply.io. Once you’ve done that, you should follow the instructions to pay the required amount.
How To Apply: Visit gdi.smapply.io.
In conclusion, Gabriel Dumont Institute has provided students with financial assistance since 2001. GDI will award $10,000 to two deserving high school seniors across Canada this year. To qualify, applicants must have completed their secondary education (high school) and be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution.
Applications are available online at www.gdi.smapply.io.
The deadline for applications is March 31st each year.
- Follow us on Twitter @myeduscholars
- Like us on Facebook