The 2024 United People Global (UPG) Sustainability Leadership Program For Young Leaders is an initiative. This initiative rallies people and groups in favor of effective citizen leadership on sustainability issues.
It’s a movement that empowers and mobilizes regular people to improve their communities. A cultural shift motivated by the UPG’s decision to stop waiting for change and start doing it themselves.
It’s a movement built on the premise that every person has the power to improve the state of the planet.
UPG considers issues such as education, health, jobs, gender equality, sustainable consumption, sustainable production, and more to be integral to the sustainability of societies and should be considered alongside the traditional “green” issues such as tree planting, recycling, waste management, and ocean protection.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) established by the United Nations serve as a framework for UPG. The United Planet Earth Guild’s annual Leadership training program for 500+ young people from across the world is the main activity.
Also Read: How To Apply For Student Loans
Requirements for the 2024 United People Global (UPG) Sustainability Leadership Program For Young Leaders
To be considered for the program, you must:
- People who are impassioned about a specific topic (such as employment, education, or environments) do not need to be passionate about all topics.
- People who have already taken action on sustainability AND individuals who have NEVER taken action.
- People from all regions of the globe.
- Individuals aged 18 to 35 between March 1 and July 31, 2024.
- Individuals with varying levels of education.
- Individuals who are highly motivated to be UPG Sustainability Leaders.
- People who are willing and able to take action on sustainability.
- People who believe in UPG’s mission to enable individuals to improve the world through positive action.
Duration and Reward
- Selected candidates may join UPG Sustainability Leadership at no cost to themselves. All five hundred students may take advantage of the no-cost online training and walk away from the experience as certified UPG Sustainability Leaders.
- Selected participants will not have to pay anything out of pocket for their participation in the program, which includes all training materials, lodging, food, transportation within the destination city, and international flights (including a return ticket from the participant’s home country to the United States).
The evaluation is done by reviewing the following four sections of your application:
- Potential for Impact
Method of Application
Follow the application instructions in the linked document if you are interested and qualified.
Submission of a short video (maximum 2 minutes) answering any of the questions from any section above or telling them more about yourself is highly encouraged as part of this application.
The video is used to assess your English proficiency, among other things. You may now submit that video with your application by attaching a link to it in the appropriate part of the application. You might also submit the application without the video and explain why later. Then provide the video’s URL here. You must submit your video before the cutoff time for it to be considered.