Aircraft Procurement Manager at United Nigeria Airlines – United Nigeria Airlines is a Nigerian airline established as a separate legal entity under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
The role we are looking to fill is described below.
Job Title: Aircraft Procurement Manager
- Conducts the procurement of parts, spares, tools and goods for UNA.
- Participate in the creation and upkeep of procurement policies and procedures, as well as conduct procurement operations to guarantee that spare parts are acquired under ideal UNA conditions and from reputable vendors.
- In charge of placing orders for and acquiring aircraft maintenance supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Take part in aircraft spare part cost assessments, interaction with suppliers, contract drafting, etc.
- Procure materials, spares, tools, and equipment by conducting research, selecting vendors, negotiating terms and conditions, issuing purchase orders, and reviewing and authorizing invoices.
- Follow through on international and domestic requests for aircraft supplies like spare parts, tools, and equipment within approved budgets, and make sure everything arrives on time and at the lowest possible cost.
- Review aircraft spare part and below-minimum order reports on a regular basis, and work with the stores and engineering departments to keep stock at the optimal level.
- Ensure a prompt and sufficient response to any problems that may arise from AOG.
- Manage repair orders by ensuring that parts are returned to UNA as soon as feasible and at the lowest possible cost. Take steps to shorten the processing time.
- Take part in formulating procurement policies and procedures in response to UNA’s business requirements and any external legislation.
- To guarantee that airplane spare parts are acquired from the best offer suppliers and in a timely manner, it is important to create and maintain a list of preferred vendors.
- Make sure UNA’s interests are well represented and the best offers are obtained by negotiating the prices and terms and conditions for the aircraft spare parts to be purchased.
- Transport purchased airplane components and communicate with suppliers to iron out any logistics problems.
- Be sure that any requests for purchases made on your behalf are consistent with the allocated funds for your units, or help to speed up the approval process if they are.
- Make use of the WINAIR system to keep track of financial dealings and make sure everything is signed off on properly.
- Create an open and documented system for buying and approving aircraft replacement parts and equipment.
- Make sure that you answer quotes from vendors in a timely manner.
- Check in on completed orders and components deliveries.
- Working with original equipment manufacturers and suppliers to negotiate and manage warranty and customer support agreements.
- I, customs clearance, and collecting from cargo bonds of supplies from suppliers and overhaul agencies to UNA are all under your control.
- Strengthen the procurement department’s ability to recruit and train new employees.
- Coordinating with aircraft manufacturers and Buyer Furnished Equipment (BFE) suppliers, as well as aiding in the evaluation and pricing of the introduction of new aircraft and equipment;
- Contributing to the analysis and economics of using previously-owned planes
- Contributing to the assessment and pricing of aircraft off-lease returns;
- Please inform the Director of Engineering & Maintenance of any issues or difficulties you face while on the job.
- Carry out any additional responsibilities given to you by the Director of Engineering & Maintenance.
Experience & Qualification
- At least five years of expertise in Aircraft spare parts Procurement in Airlines or MRO is preferred along with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a similar Engineering subject.
- Professional with a Bachelor’s or higher in Business Administration and at least seven years of experience in the procurement of aircraft spare parts for airlines or MRO
- Strong background in the airline or MRO industry’s aircraft spares and materials procurement
- Proficient in launching successful procurement teams/departments, including creating and implementing workflows and policies.
- Possessing a master’s degree or higher is very desirable.
Job Attribute Required Skills:
- Superb fluency in English
- Knowledgeable of the effects that AOG can have on airline operations.
- Excellent familiarity with airline procedures, processes, initiatives, and projects.
- Capable of Bargaining and Purchasing
- discernment and maturity in weighing options and settling on a course of action.
- Proven ability to collaborate with others and prioritize tasks while working under tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.