Universities that accept 180 JAMB Cut Off Mark
I scored very low in JAMB; please, can I get admitted to any university with a 180? Congratulations, you will be offered admission into a Nigerian University (of your choice) provided you have a good O’Level result.
This piece brings hope to those who have low JAMB scores. Whether it is your fault or not, you have had a low JAMB score, and we assure you of admission regardless. In today’s article, we shall discuss the universities accepting the 180 Cut-off Mark.
All you have to do right now is read through without mentally jumping ahead of each line. We shall now start with the lists dividing the universities into three categories.
Federal Universities That Accept 180 JAMB Cut Off Mark
It is difficult to gain admission into a Nigerian Federal University, especially with a low JAMB score. Although quite good, 180 is not enough to gain admission into some Nigerian Universities. Let us now look into the Federal Universities that can consider you for admission with a 180 cut-off mark.
- Federal University of Technology Owerri
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
- Modibo Adamawa University of Technology
- Federal University Lafia
- University of Jos UNIJOS
- Federal University Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti
- University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University Ndufu-Alike
- Niger Delta University NDU
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Federal University Gasau, Zamfara
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- University of Uyo, Uniuyo
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- University of Maiduguri, UNIMAID
- Federal University Kashere
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe
- Ambrose Alli University Edo State
- Federal University Wukari
- Federal University Birnin-Kebbi
- University of Calabar Unical
- Federal University Lokoja
- TAI Solarin University of Education
- Federal University Dutse
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti
This is not to say that these universities can offer you admission to study competitive courses. If you had chosen a competitive course such as medicine for yourself when applying to any of these schools, they might change your course. Sometimes, universities that accept 180 cut-off marks, or, say, low cut-off marks in general, may admit students with an automatic change of their courses. So if you are just about to change your Institution to any of the ones above, you should be considering going for a course that is not competitive.
What if you are not interested in other courses? If going to the University is what you crave for this year, with 180, you should be ready to choose smartly. Not being interested in courses other than yours does not mean there are no related courses that are less competitive.
All I would advise you to do as regards this is make a further inquiry on the courses available in the school you think you prefer on the list above. I recommend you ask a student of whichever school you want to study in.
I trust you are good with our list of federal universities that accept the 180 cut-off mark? If yes, kindly proceed by going to check out the next list.
State Universities That Accept 180 JAMB Cut Off Mark
Right now, you also can choose from the state universities that could admit you with a 180 JAMB mark. The number of institutions on our list is not much because we want to maintain the validity of this site.
- Anambra State University
- Alli University
- Yobe State University
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
- Rivers State University
- Sokoto State University
- Osun State University
- Kaduna State University
- Akwa Ibom State University
To be direct, we have to give not more than the names of top Nigerian state universities that accept the 180 Cut-off Mark on our list.
You can be sure that it is easier to gain admission into state universities than federal Universities. This is so for several reasons – although not always the case. We must acknowledge that some Nigerian state universities are more prominent than some Federal universities. UNILAG is a good example of that.
One reason it is easy to gain admission to state universities is that they are majorly owned and managed by the state government. The state government does not have enough means to fund the schools as much as the federal government. And as a result, most state universities want to admit many students so that more money will be made for the management.
Private Universities That Accept 180 JAMB Cut Off Mark
With your 180 JAMB mark, the universities we are about to look into will consider you for admission. Private institutions are known for their easy system of admission. Choose one of the schools below to help your dream of becoming a university graduate.
- Augustine University
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Baze University
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Skyline University, Kano
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Adekunle Ajasin University
- Achievers University, Owo
- Veritas University
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Spiritan University, Nneochi Abia State
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Greenfield University, Kaduna
- Arthur Javis University Akpoyubo
- Cross River State
- Atiba University Oyo
- Chrisland University
- Christopher University Mowe
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Crescent University
- Dominican University Ibadan Oyo State
- Summit University
- Covenant University Ota
- Ahman Pategi University, Kwara State
- University of Offa, Kwara State
- Adeleke University, Ede
- Cn Hill University Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State
- Admiralty University, Ibusa Delta State
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo
- African University of Science & Technology, Abuja
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan
- Khadija University, Majia, Jigawa State
- Clifford University Owerrinta Abia State
- Coal City University Enugu State
- Tansian University, Umunya.
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu. Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- American University of Nigeria, Yola
- Anchor University Ayobo Lagos State
- Mewar University, Masaka, Nasarawa State
- Edusoko University, Bida, Niger State
- Philomath University, Kuje, Abuja
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kings University
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- Madonna University, Okija
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- Micheal & Cecilia University
- Mountain Top University
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Novena University, Ogun
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- PAMO University of Medical Sciences, Portharcourt
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
- Kwararafa University, Wukari
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Hezekiah University, Umudi
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Westland University Iwo, Osun State
- Thomas Adewumi University,
- Oko-Irese, Kwara State
- Mudiame University, Irrua, Edo State
- Havilla University, Nde-Ikom, Cross River State
- Claretian University of Nigeria, Nekede, Imo State
- NOK University, Kachia, Kaduna State
- Karl-Kumm University, Vom, Plateau State
- James Hope University, Lagos, Lagos State
- Maryam Abacha American University of Nigeria, Kano State
- Capital City University, Kano State
- Anan University, Kwall, Plateau State
- Topfaith University, Mkpatak, Akwa Ibom State
- Ritman University
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Trinity University Ogun State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Hallmark University
- Dominion University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo
- Eko University of Medical and Health
- Sciences Ijanikin, Lagos
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Maranathan University, Mgbidi, Imo State
- Ave Maria University, Piyanko, Nasarawa State
- Al-Istiqama University, Sumaila, Kano State
- Paul University, Awka – Anambra State
Private universities are good, but public universities are better. Yeah, Private institutions may look better on the outside and with their infrastructures, but the fact remains that Federal institutions are still very good compared to them.
Many believe you would be more competent when you attend a public university. Perhaps, this is why some Nigerian artists attend public universities regardless of how far people think they have gone. For instance, billionaires Prince White and Rema attended Imo State University and the University of Lagos, respectively.
Nevertheless, the great news you want to hear about private universities is that you can be given admission with your O’Level result alone. Your JAMB results are not needed in many of these private universities. You might want to visit some of them to further inquire about what you have just been told.
In conclusion, you should go to change your Institution if you have just seen your JAMB score and the school you chose on your registration form doesn’t accept 180. Change carefully to either Federal/State universities (recommended for you) or Private institutions mentioned in this article.
180 might not be a very good JAMB score, but it can earn you admission to the Nigerian Universities on our lists. We have several other great articles you don’t want to miss. Do ensure to visit our homepage for more informational articles.