Thomas Edison State University (TESU) is a public university in Trenton, New Jersey. Offering degrees at both undergraduate and graduate level, including associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, it is one of New Jersey’s 11 senior public institutions of tertiary education. It boasts of an urban campus and over 13,880 students.
All students will have access to higher education thanks to TESU. Tuition at the university is reasonable for students from all socioeconomic levels, and it offers a number of financial aid alternatives. Additionally, TESU is dedicated to meeting the needs of adult students. The institution offers a range of support services to aid students in succeeding, and its programs are created to meet the needs of working people.
Thomas Edison State University: A History of Innovation and Opportunity
Thomas Edison State University was founded in 1972 as the New Jersey State College of Jersey City, and was renamed in 1988 to honor the inventor Thomas Edison. TESU is the only state university in New Jersey that is exclusively dedicated to providing distance education. The university’s programs are designed to be flexible and convenient, and students can complete their coursework online, on-campus, or through a combination of both.
The university’s online learning platform, Edison@State, is one of the most advanced in the country. Distance education at TESU has a long history of innovation. The university was one of the first in the nation to offer entirely online courses in 1972. TESU has also led the way in the development of technology that facilitates distance learning.
Policies at Thomas Edison State University
TESU is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). The university’s policies are designed to ensure that students have a positive and successful experience. Some of TESU’s key policies include:
- A commitment to academic excellence: TESU requires all students to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in order to continue their studies.
- A focus on student success: TESU provides a variety of support services to help students succeed, including tutoring, advising, and financial aid.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion: TESU is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive learning environment. The university’s student body is made up of students from all backgrounds, and TESU offers a variety of programs and services to support diversity and inclusion.
Courses offered at Thomas Edison State University
Thomas Edison State University offers a wide variety of courses across a range of disciplines, including:
- Arts and Sciences: TESU offers courses in a variety of arts and sciences disciplines, including English, history, philosophy, political science, psychology, sociology, and more.
- Business: TESU offers courses in a variety of business disciplines, including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, and management.
- Education: TESU offers courses in a variety of education disciplines, including early childhood education, elementary education, secondary education, and special education.
- Health Professions: TESU offers courses in a variety of health professions disciplines, including nursing, health information management, and health administration.
- Information Technology: TESU offers courses in a variety of information technology disciplines, including computer science, cybersecurity, and information systems.
- Other Disciplines: TESU also offers courses in a variety of other disciplines, including criminal justice, homeland security, and public administration.
In addition to these general disciplines, TESU also offers a number of specialized programs, such as:
- The Watson Institute for Public Policy: The Watson Institute for Public Policy offers programs in public policy, public administration, and public service leadership.
- The Homeland Security Institute: The Homeland Security Institute offers programs in homeland security, emergency management, and critical infrastructure protection.
- The Human Services Institute: The Human Services Institute offers programs in human services, social work, and gerontology.
TESU also offers a number of online courses and programs. These courses are designed to be flexible and convenient, and they can be completed at any time, from anywhere in the world.
To view a complete list of courses offered at TESU, please visit the TESU website. You can search for courses by discipline, keyword, or course number. You can also view the course catalog, which lists all of the courses offered at TESU, along with their descriptions, prerequisites, and credit hours.
TESU’s tuition rates are affordable for students from all backgrounds. The university’s tuition rates are based on a student’s residency status and the number of credits they are taking. For example, the tuition rate for a New Jersey resident taking 12 credits is $3,720 per semester.
Thomas Edison State University (TESU) offers two tuition plans for undergraduate students:
Per Credit Tuition:
Students pay for courses on a per-credit basis. The cost per credit varies depending on the student’s residency status. For example, in-state students pay \$325 per credit, while out-of-state students pay \$575 per credit.
Full-Time Flat-Rate Tuition:
Students who register for 9 or more credits per term pay a flat rate of \$3,500 for in-state students and \$6,875 for out-of-state students.
TESU also offers a graduate tuition payment plan that allows students to break up their tuition costs into two payments made over the course of the term. The first payment is due on the registration deadline, and the second payment is due on the 25th day of the term.
Here is a table of the tuition rates for TESU for the 2023-2024 academic year:
|Per Credit Tuition||\$325/credit||\$575/credit|
|Full-Time Flat-Rate Tuition||\$3,500||\$6,875|
|Graduate Tuition Payment Plan||\$1,750 down payment, \$1,750 due on the 25th day of the term||\$3,437.50 down payment, \$3,437.50 due on the 25th day of the term|
Please note that these tuition rates are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, please visit the TESU website.
Here are some additional details about the tuition plans at TESU:
Per Credit Tuition:
Students who use Per Credit Tuition must complete 15 credits via Thomas Edison State University Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack® (EP) courses. This requirement may be waived by paying the Residency Waiver Fee.
Full-Time Flat-Rate Tuition:
Students who register for 9 or more credits per term will be automatically enrolled in the Full-Time Flat-Rate Tuition plan. This plan does not apply to non-matriculated, nursing, military or graduate-program students.
Graduate Tuition Payment Plan:
The Graduate Tuition Payment Plan is available to students who are enrolled in at least 6 credits per term. The first payment is due on the registration deadline, and the second payment is due on the 25th day of the term.
Thomas Edison State University is a public university that is dedicated to providing access to higher education for all students. The university offers a wide range of degree programs, and its policies are designed to ensure that students have a positive and successful experience. TESU’s tuition rates are affordable, and the university offers a variety of financial aid options to help students pay for their education.
If you are looking for a flexible and affordable way to earn a college degree, Thomas Edison State University is a great option. The university has a long history of innovation in distance education, and it is committed to providing access to higher education for all students. For more information, visit the website.
READ ALSO – Excelsior University