What is the Mount Allison University Entrance Scholarship? How does it work? What are its benefits? What are the requirements and eligibility? All these we shall let you know as you read through this article.
Mount Allison University (MAU) is located in Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada. The university offers undergraduate arts, science, engineering, social sciences, and humanities undergraduate programs. MAU has over 6,500 students enrolled at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
This scholarship program was established in 2016. It provides financial assistance to eligible applicants who wish to pursue their studies at Mount Allison University. Applicants must meet specific criteria such as having a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher, being Canadian citizens or permanent residents, and maintaining a full-time enrollment status.
Mount Allison Entrance Scholarship Overview
Mount Allison University (MAU) is a private New Brunswick, Canada private, university. The school offers undergraduate programs in arts, science, engineering, social sciences, humanities, and management.
Students who apply for MAU’s prestigious entrance scholarships must submit a personal essay describing themselves and their goals.
This topic is perfect because it allows me to talk about myself and my experiences at college. This is an excellent opportunity to show off my writing skills and share exciting stories about my life.
Students may apply for Mount Allison University entrance scholarships based on academic merit, leadership skills, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and financial need.
Types of Mount Allison Entrance Scholarships Available
Mount Allison University offers four distinct types of scholarship programs. They offer scholarships based on academic achievement, leadership potential, community involvement, and financial need.
Many of these scholarships come with a deadline to apply. Students should ensure they complete applications as quickly as possible.
Here is information regarding each scholarship program:
These awards are available to students who demonstrate outstanding academic performance. Applicants must submit an essay describing their past accomplishments to qualify.
Students interested in pursuing careers in public service, law, health care, education, business, and non-profit organizations may apply for these awards. Leadership scholars must write an essay describing their future goals.
Community Service Scholarships
This award recognizes those who give back to the Mount Allison community in various ways, such as volunteering, mentoring, and helping others. Each student must provide evidence of their commitment to the community.
Financial Aid Scholarships
Applicants who qualify for federal assistance are eligible to receive aid from any of the following institutions:
- Canadian Government
- Canadian Postsecondary Institutions
- U.S. Federal Government
- U.S State Governments
Eligibility for Mount Allison Entrance Scholarships
All eligible applicants must be enrolled full-time in a degree program at Mount Allison. Several criteria determine whether a student receives financial aid. The most crucial factor is whether the applicant fulfills the academic requirements to receive the grant. If the student does not meet the criteria, they cannot apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of Canada, the United States, Mexico, or Puerto Rico
- Applicants must be enrolled in grades 10-12 in Canadian public and private schools in Canada and the United States
- Must fill out the application form online
- Applicants must submit offiial school transcripts indicating grade point averages and test scores
- Applicants must complete the application form online
- Must provide proof of citizenship by submitting a valid passport and supporting documents such as birth certificate, student visa, driver’s license, utility bill, etc
- Applicants must pay the application fee
- Applicants must prove English language proficiency
- Must prove they are proficient in reading, writing, speaking, and listening in English
- Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence in their secondary education
- Applicants must show a commitment to community service
- Must document financial needs
- Applicants must maintain satisfactory attendance history
- Applicants must meet all other requirements listed above
Requirements for Mount Allison Entrance Scholarships
Eligibility and requirements vary depending on the program. For example, the amount of money awarded varies depending on whether the applicant receives financial support from the Government. Some scholarships require applicants to have certain grades achieved in specific courses. These are known as merit-based scholarships.
There are two main requirements for each type of scholarship program:
- Eligibility Requirements
- Application Process
This means that students should prepare for the application deadline earlier than usual. Applicants may have access to information regarding the application status from October of the current year to January of the following year.
- Applications are usually placed on hold till February of the following year. This means applicants may receive notification from February to April that their application has been received and is currently under review
- All applicants must submit original copies of required documentation within five days after receiving notification that their application was reviewed
- Original documentation must include proof of eligibility criteria described above
- Evidence of eligibility criteria must be submitted electronically via the online submission system
- Must upload all required documentation into the online submission system, The online submission system allows applicants to save their progress and return later
- Applicants must follow directions provided in the online submission system
- Must print out their completed application upon completion
- Applicants must mail their completed application directly to the university office address: Mount Allison University Scholarship Office. PO Box 2072, Halifax NS B3H 4P8, Canada. It is good to note that any applicant whose application is declined due to incomplete documentation will be notified by email. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into and Mount Allison University reserves the right to deny any application without explanation
- Must retain a copy of the application materials if they wish to appeal a rejection. Appeals will not be considered unless the applicant has included a copy of the rejected application
- Applicants whose applications were rejected will be informed by email
Note: Those who fail to respond to the email sent to notify them of the outcome of their application will forfeit their chance of re-applying. Incomplete applications will not be processed further
How to Apply for Mount Allison Entrance Scholarships
Applications are accepted via the Mount Allison website. There is no cost to apply. Once completed, applicants must upload supporting documentation. This includes transcripts, letters of recommendation, and standardized test scores.
Amounts range from $200 – $10,000. Most scholarships are renewable. However, the majority of the funds must be repaid.
Most of the application deadlines are between January 1st and April 15th. All applications must be submitted online through the Mount Allison website.
- Follow us on Twitter @myeduscholars
- Like us on Facebook