The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is Nigeria’s government-owned oil and gas company, this post contains how to apply for NNPC/Total Scholarship 2022/2023. It was established to oversee the development of Nigeria’s exploration, production, refining, and marketing of petroleum products.
It offers full scholarships to Nigerian nationals for undergraduate studies in engineering, sciences, and information technology at universities worldwide. The scholarship is worth $5,000 per year and covers the following:
The scholarship is open to Nigerian nationals who have obtained at least five credits in SSCE or its equivalent. Those with A’ Level certificates must have a minimum of five credits, including English and Mathematics.
The application is free of charge, but the applicant must indicate which university they are applying to, their course of study, date of birth, and place of origin.
How to apply for an NNPC/Total scholarship?
To apply for the NNPC/Total scholarship, applicants must be Nigerian citizens with a minimum of five credit passes in SSCE, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than two sittings.
You can make the application through the official website of NNPC/Total (www.ntpc-totalng.com)
Applicants are to follow the link on the website and click on ‘Apply Now’ to fill in their details.
The applicants must also attach a scanned copy of their credentials, a passport photograph, the completed form, and other supporting documents.
Eligibility for NNPC/Total Scholarship
The eligibility for the scholarship is that you must be a Nigerian citizen, in your final year of secondary school, undergraduate or postgraduate studies, and not have attained the age of 30 years.
NNPC/Total Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- To be eligible for the NNPC/Total scholarship, you must meet some basic requirements. To qualify for a scholarship in Nigeria, one’s school grade should not fall below B on the National Examination Council (NECO) and West African Senior School Certificate Examinations.
- You must be a Nigerian citizen by birth. If you are not, you must have a Nigerian passport and be registered as a voter in Nigeria.
- You must not have any criminal convictions.
- It would be best if you were between 18 and 35.
- You must not be over the age of 45 if you are an applicant for a Master’s degree program or 50 years old if you are applying for a Doctorate Degree Program.
- Applicants must be a graduate of an accredited university or college in Nigeria or from any recognized foreign university with at least Second Class Upper Division (2.1), Lower Division (2.2), or Upper Division (1st Class).
- You must have at least a Second Class Lower Division from any recognized Nigerian University for the Undergraduate Scholarship or a Second Class Upper Division from any recognized Nigerian University for the Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 2.5 CGPA or equivalent grade on a 4-point scale.
- You must be a Nigerian citizen by birth and not by naturalization or registration.
What is the selection process for NNPC/Total scholarships?
The selection process for the NNPC/Total scholarship is done through a series of preliminary and final examinations. Nigeria has two significant tests: the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and the National Examination Council Senior School Certificate Examination (NECO).
Students take the WASSCE at the end of their secondary education to determine which students qualify for tertiary education. The scholarship is available to all Nigerian students who have a minimum of five credits at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE O’Level or its equivalent.
What are the benefits of the NNPC/Total scholarship?
The NNPC/Total scholarship is a prestigious opportunity for Nigerian students to access top-notch education in the UK.
- It promises many benefits, such as:
- A tuition fee waiver of up to £36,000 for a two-year course
- Free accommodation and living allowance
- NNPC/Total scholarship alumni with an opportunity to be part of the NNPC/Total scholarship alumni.
The application process is straightforward. It involves filling in a form online, writing an essay based on a given topic, taking part in an interview, and finally, a shortlisting of the candidates.
How to Apply for the NNPC/Total Scholarship
The following are the steps to apply for this scholarship:
- Go to www.nnpc-scholarship.com and click the ‘Apply Now button
- Fill in the online application form with your details, contact information, etc
- Write an essay based on a given topic
- Take part in an interview with the NNPC/Total scholarship management team via Skype or telephone
- Finally, a shortlisting of candidates will be done, and we will inform you of your status
The essay topic is a general one, and the response should be in the form of an article, which should not exceed 500 words.
How are successful candidates selected?
The NNPC/Total Scholarship selection process is a three-stage process. First, candidates are screened for eligibility and then shortlisted to be interviewed by the scholarship committee members. The interviews are conducted in order of merit, with candidates being interviewed up to three times in a process that could take six weeks to over one year.
The scholarship committee is responsible for assessing the suitability of candidates for the scholarship. The committee comprises an NNPC/Total representative, a faculty member, and two students who are part of the selection panel.
The scholarship application form must be completed in full, accurately, and legibly. All the information required must be provided, including the names of three referees who are to provide character references for the candidate.
What happens if I am awarded the NNPC/Total Scholarship?
If you are awarded the NNPC/Total Scholarship, go to https://www.npcngscholarships.com/, check your email, and log in for more information about the scholarship.
Reasons why you may be denied a scholarship and how to avoid them
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation/Total Scholarship is a scholarship that provides an opportunity for Nigerians to pursue tertiary education at various institutions in Nigeria. It offers scholarships each year, but applicants are not always granted the scholarship. If you are denied, there could be several reasons this may have happened.
Here are some things to look out for and avoid in the future
- Do not submit your application late; submit your application on time. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered for funding.
- The deadline for submitting applications is usually around December or January, so submit yours before this time. If you do not submit your application on time, you will not be considered for the scholarship.
- You can write an appeal letter if you cannot meet the deadline due to extenuating circumstances. However, if you do not submit your application on time, there is no guarantee that the scholarship board will accept your appeal.
- If you are denied due to submitting late, it could also mean you could not keep to the submission deadline during your university studies. It will be a negative mark on your record and may affect future applications for scholarships.
- Never submit an incomplete application. Before submitting your application, make sure you have completed all the sections. Please be aware that applications with missing information will not be considered for funding.
- Awardees must submit a report on their activities and achievements at the end of every semester.
- You will be required to submit a report on your activities and achievements at the end of every semester, so make sure you have kept all your receipts and other relevant documents.
Applying for a scholarship can be intimidating, but it is worth the time and energy, that is why this post contains how to apply for NNPC/Total Scholarship 2022/2023. Scholarships are typically awarded based on merit or need. If you have been denied, you may reapply in the next cycle. We wish you all the best in your application and hope to see you as an awardee of this scholarship program.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many students receive the NNPC/Total Scholarship?
There have been no published reports that detail the number of students who have received scholarships from NNPC and Total.
What is the average award amount for the NNPC/Total Scholarship?
The average award amount for the NNPC/Total Scholarship is $5,000
Can I renew my NNPC/Total scholarship?
Yes, you can renew your scholarship. You need to fill out the online application form and submit it before the deadline.
As a student that want to be successful in life, you must be consistent, determined and aim the best, do well to drop your comments on this post and feel free to contact us.