Highest paying jobs in Australia – Do you plan on relocating to Australia to find a better-paying job for your profession? You are at the right place as we will give you a comprehensive list of the best jobs you will find in Australia.
Thousands of people move to Australia yearly to find a better career path or a nice place to live.
Australia is a country that accommodates immigrants in a friendly way. The working environment is pleasant and is where you will want to work. It does not matter your profession or qualification.
Additionally, Australia is known for its large landscapes, high standard of living, and plenty of job and career opportunities for Australian citizens and immigrants.
The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)rates Australia highly on several related aspects like income and wealth, jobs and earnings, low unemployment rates, health status, and housing.
11 Highest Paying Jobs in Australia for Professionals
Below are top 11 highest paying jobs in Australia mainly for professionals:
1. In-House Legal Attorney
Average Salary: $400,000
It is a known fact that lawyers earn a high salary in Australia and other parts of the world. However, lawyers who work for companies ( In-House Lawyers) make more heightened than the ones in a law firm. It takes an average of ten (10 years of experience to attain this position.
Qualifications Needed to work as a lawyer in Australia
- It would help if you had your Bachelor of Law (LL.B) and barrister at Law (B.L.) qualifications to practice as a lawyer.
- Complete the compulsory Practical Legal Training
- Apply for a practicing certificate from the Supreme Court
- Finish 18-24 months of supervised practice in a law firm
Average Salary: $386,000
Despite the risk involved in this profession, they are one of the highest-paying jobs in Australia. Their primary duty is to assist surgeons in giving anesthetics to patients during surgery.
Qualifications Needed to work as Anaesthetic in Australia
- You must have a medical degree
- Do your internship with an accredited hospital
- Get admission from your state territory admission authority
- Complete our residency program at an accredited Hospital
- Undergo five (5) years of specialist training with the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
Average Salary: $352,000
Cardiologists are another high-paying medical job in Australia for those in the medical fields. Cardiologist. They specialize in treating health conditions relating to blood vessels and the heart.
It is a high stake job, and it pays very well in Australia and other parts of the world.
Qualifications needed to work as a cardiologist
- Complete a Bachelor of Medicine or Medical Studies
- Obtain a Doctor of Medicine degree
- Work in the public hospital for two years to complete your Internship and Residency
- Apply to the Royal Australasian College of General Practitioners, undergo further training, and receive your Fellowship. This is a six (6) years course, but you can do it while practicing as a doctor
- Pursue Advanced Training in Cardiology, a three (3) years good training course
4. Project Manager
Average Salary: $ 350,000
A project manager is one of the high-paying jobs in the Australian construction sector. A project manager is in charge of the company activities, including allocating budget resources, formulating policies, monitoring staff, improving administration processes, and engaging with vendors.
Qualifications to Become a Project Manager
A bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a similar field. You will need an advanced degree like a Master of Business Administration (MBA)for higher chances of getting employed.
Gather experience by working in a company in that field of managing people like a Human Resource manager.
Average Salary: $ 310,000
The Job of Surgeon is a high-paying Job in Australia. Their responsibilities are generally conducting surgery operations on the body. Although, you will start as a general surgeon before you specialize in a particular field.
Qualifications to Work as a surgeon in Australia
- Complete a medical degree and clinical training for 2-3 years
- Apply to enter the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ Surgical Education and Training (SET) program in your third year of practice
- Become a Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) member if you would like to train independently
6. Internal medicine specialist
Average Salary: $305,000
Internal medicine specialists specialize in giving medications, immunizations against disease, and other nonsurgical treatments. They are usually the first point of contact between the patient before surgery
Qualifications Needed to become an Internal Medicine Specialist
- Complete a Bachelor of Medical Studies before commencing a Doctor of Medicine
- Undertake an internship at a recognized hospital
- Become registered with the Medical Board of Australia
- Obtain a G.P. fellowship
7. Chief technology officer (CTO)
Average Salary: $ 300,000
This is a new job that is taking the lead around the world. The chief technology officer is in charge of the company’s technology system, including its A.I. system, especially during this COVID-19 era.
They ensure that the company obtains the best technology and equipment to thrive in the competitive market. It is also one of the highest-paying jobs for you to find in Australia.
Qualifications to become a Chief Technology Officer
- Complete a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a computer science-related field, focusing on cybersecurity, data analysis, and A.I
- Gather work experience across network architecture, information security management, and significant data engineering
- Develop skills in business, leadership, and decision-making
8. Chief financial officer (CFO)
Average Salary: $ 280,000
This is the office that manages the company’s financial activities, planning, and economic activities. They enjoy massive job bonuses regardless of the high salary they earn from their job.
Qualifications to work as Chief Financial Officer
- Complete a Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, accounting, or finance
- Complete a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination or a Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Gather good years of leadership experience within the financial department of a company
9. Financial Dealer
Average salary: $275,984
The job of a financial dealer is to work for their clients in the financial markets. They are like brokers who give financial advice.
They ensure that they buy and sell those financial commodities with profits on behalf of the clients.
Qualifications Needed to be a Financial Dealer
- Obtain a Business Diploma from TrainSmart Australia
- You must have a bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, management, or accounting
- Write and pass the MBA or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) exam
10. Mining Engineer
Average salary: $184,507
It takes a great deal of commitment and energy to work as a mining engineer in the mining industry and engineering jobs pays well. They are usually in charge of the mining and extraction activities ranging from mineral resources, petroleum, and natural gases.
Mining Engineer Requisite Qualifications
- It would be best if you had a bachelor’s degree in engineering with a mining or geotechnical engineering concentration.
- You will also need a mining engineer with a bachelor’s degree
- Gather a lot of experience by working for at least 3-5 years
11. Enterprise architecture manager
Average salary: $168,762
The job of an enterprise and systems architect manager is simply managing and directing an organization’s I.T. networks and upgrading its software. They are in charge of enterprise architects, software architects, and other I.T. experts and are the big picture people for their company’s I.T. performance.
Qualifications required for an enterprise architecture manager in Australia
- You will need a diploma, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related discipline is required
- Computer programming and software development knowledge and hands-on experience with various systems, hard drives, and cloud computing
- It would help if you had management, leadership, and business development experience
Benefits of Working in Australia
- It has one of the most robust and stable economies in the world
- There is a pension for retired workers if you meet the requirements
- Australia is currently ranked as the second safest country among other countries.
- You might qualify for Australia Permanent residency
Take your time and look through the list of these high-paying jobs in Australia to earn more income and improve.
Australia is a stable and good economy to start a living. I wish you all the luck.